to his place. This did not turn out that great because of the rides, but I decided that I could stand a sore throat to ride with uncle Charles. My Takara is a great bike.
This bike is amazing. Before, on my Montgomery Wards Omega, (The piece of junk bike) I could not stand up while riding, otherwise I would fall over, the tires were shot, the front derailleur failed on me (I would like some comments about derailleur management, as I found that my new bike now has a broken front derailleur as well. Anyway, the new bike's (And mine) features, from the top down:
- I have had a helmet,
- I now have a pair of riding glasses and a mirror,
- A facemask, to keep my head warm,
- A nice rainjacket,
- An STP 2002 windjacket,
- a blue jersey,
- several pairs of riding shorts, and a pair of riding pants,
- a set of panniers, a "trail rack" as it's called, which fits right over the top of the rear wheel
- Brand new tires,
- several repair tools,
- a couple of water bottles,
- a pair of winter gloves
- a set of nice fenders, which look like a million bucks on my bike.
- a little triangular shaped bag which fits on the horizontal and seat tubes of my bike. This holds all of the repair tools
- The bike came with clip-in look-style pedals
- And, with the money donated to me, a pair of brand spankin' new clip-in shoes.